Monday, November 29, 2010

Out of whack...


God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1

Blogging is about telling it how it is, so today that is really what I need to do. I didn’t blog last week and am pretty upset about it. I wanted to, but I couldn’t think of anything to say. Here we are a week later and I’m feeling the same… but still want to do it and am going to.

It’s been a few weeks of feeling quite out of sorts and unfortunately not very spiritually grounded. I’ve been having trouble sleeping more than a few hours at a time and it seems the less I sleep the more overactive my mind becomes. I can’t even begin to say how many times I’ve tried to be still and pray and failed at it lately. Even now as I sit here I’m shaky… like I drank 10 cups of coffee or something. I did have 2 and took some cold meds, which probably didn’t help.

I’m behind on my Bible study also. It’s like a force of some sort is keeping me from doing the things that will bring me back closer to God. This happens I know… but to not have the discipline or strength to fight it lately is frustrating to me. Today I’m going to muster up the strength and fight what is keeping me back. Blogging and then getting into the Bible… no matter what. I suppose like most other things in life, if we get out of the habit or pattern it becomes increasingly more difficult to get back into it.

I would love to hear from others on this matter. What do you do when this happens to you? Any good suggestions on how to quiet an overactive mind and heart (yep it beats more rapidly when I’m like this too)? Feel free to comment here or email me, please.

~Lord, please help me fight this force that tries to pull me away from you. I ask that you help me to turn the distracted time into time spent with you. Thank you for being here with me at all times and not turning away when I step back. I pray that today is a turning point. In Jesus’ name, Amen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here