Monday, November 1, 2010

Lettting go of the wheel...



Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (New Living Translation)

Last night I went to bed thinking about the words in the chorus of the song “Jesus Take the Wheel”:

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
'Cause I can't do this all on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

We were very blessed to have a Praise and Worship Team come to visit our church yesterday. They are a beautiful choir and in-between songs some of them gave testimonies. One in particular had me in tears. A woman spoke about how she lost her mom about 35 years ago on Mother’s Day, which was also her graduation day. She spoke about how God was in control and her mom went to be in a better place. She also spoke about her young (early twenties) daughter who recently got very sick. The doctor wasn’t being encouraging, but that didn’t stop her from starting up a huge prayer chain. She said within 24 hours her daughter was up and I believe it was 24 hours after that released from the hospital. She is now back working at her job. Again, God was in control and the faith of many helped carry her and her daughter through.

Back to the words from the song. I used to see it as the song goes… a woman is driving with her child in the car and loses control and asks Jesus to take the wheel. But it’s so much more than that. In many ways my life is that out of control car and I can’t do it on my own. God has a path already mapped out for me. If I would just let go of the wheel and be a good passenger, I believe he will navigate my way too.

~Lord, please help me be strong enough to let go and let you do the driving. Not only for me, but for those I love and care about. Help me to know that you have laid out the paths for each of us and my job is to listen and do what it is you would have me do. It’s in Jesus name I pray, Amen.~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here