Sunday, October 24, 2010

Where do I turn...

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 (New Living Translation)

Friday I was on my work computer and clicked on something I knew better than to do. It was a malware virus of some sort and it promptly started to spam my computer with little windows tiling all over the place faster than I could possible read or try to click them closed. I tried the safe ways to shut the computer down and wasn’t able to so I turned it off from the power button. After a few moments I tried to turn it back on and it wouldn’t boot up. I tried numerous times and couldn’t get it on… not even in “safe mode.” Now panic starts to sink in and I call my husband and we try to think of a few possible options. After talking to him, I called a computer pro and talked to him… well that scared me cuz he was thinking my hard drive may have completely crashed. We went over my options and decided that he would come out and take a look at it.

The computer pro was able to get my files off the computer, but not able to get the hard drive to boot up. It was on its last leg and a new one was needed. Hubby runs out Saturday morning and gets a nice new one to install… gets it in and runs the restore software. I’m not thrilled about starting over, but am glad my files appear to have been saved. By Saturday afternoon the computer still isn’t booting up. The old computer isn’t liking the new hard drive too much and doesn’t want to play nice. Hubby has been on the phone with computer pro kicking around the options. I’m trying to stay busy and not show the concern building in me. I know everyone is doing what they can and no use in me making matters worse by fretting out loud. Long story short, it’s now Sunday afternoon and the computer isn’t up and running… it may or may not be tomorrow after hubby tries a few things on it. I don’t have my documents, accounting, customer email information, etc. available and don’t know when (and do I dare say “if”) I will.

It dawned on me at some point yesterday that I had told many people about this situation, but I hadn’t prayed on it. So I shot up a fast “flare” prayer. Well, it’s eating at me today that I’ve not been in reverent prayer over this. It’s important… it’s quite important really. Do I think that God isn’t technical enough to help with this? Do I think it’s not important enough to Him and that one little mention is enough? Do I not know that He is where I should turn in times of trouble and concern?

I’m so glad that this was the day I was to update my blog cuz I really needed to sit down and take a look at myself and my lack of… struggling with how to word this… faith in God I suppose. I am lacking faith when I don’t turn to Him. He wants me to… I need to. I don’t want to lack faith… I want to grow in my faith, be strong in it, trust in Him and make sure to turn to Him for all things.

~Heavenly Father, thank you for being there and caring for us and about all our concerns and needs. I’m sorry for my lack of prayer in times of need and concern. I’m sorry for trying to be the judge of what is to mundane for You to worry about. I promise to strive to be more faithful and to come to You first in prayer and ask for Your guidance in all I do. Amen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here