Monday, January 17, 2011

Boats on the shoreline…


Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.”  So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.
Luke 5:10-11

I’ve been wanting to blog for days now and then at church yesterday we sang this hymn that totally motivated me. It’s called “Lord, You Have Come to the Lakeshore” and here are some of the lyrics…

“Lord, you have come to the lakeshore
looking neither for wealthy nor wise ones.
You only asked me to follow humbly.

O Lord, with your eyes you have searched me,

kindly smiling, have spoken my name.
Now my boat's left on the shoreline behind me;
by your side I will seek other seas.”

Also, if you would like to hear it… I found a nice performance sung as a duet by a father and son… Lord, You Have Come to the Lakeshore .

I love the words to this hymn… struck home in many ways for me. It’s such a good feeling to know that God looks for, seeks out, everyday people… in fact the weaker the better it seems. And actually we are all weak in one way or another whether we want to acknowledge it or not… I have a feeling God wants us to see those weaknesses and allow ourselves to be humble and submit to Him.  

Anyways, when I came to believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior it felt as if I left my boat (old ways of life) on the shoreline and began my journey anew. Traveling by His side is the where I want to be, but as we know from my prior blogs, I tend to lag behind more often than I care to. Sometimes that life left behind seems to be calling out to me and I get weak or lazy and turn to look. The good thing is that it’s not comfy anymore… not at all. It’s very clear to me that I’ve veered off from His side and am on the wrong track. Prayer, reading and clinging to the Bible, reaching out to friends, anything it takes to get back by His side is what I need to do. Funny I should write “clinging to the Bible” when it’s not exactly something I do… it’s something I yearn to do. Awwww so I admit to it, now maybe I will get on the ball and do it! There’s sooooo much in the Bible I have yet to discover and look forward to it. For me it’s a matter of making some quiet time to be alone with the Lord… and not while driving in the car. Driving is good time to talk to Him, but not reading.

If you get a chance to listen to “Lord, You Have Come to the Lakeshore” please to. I really found it to be inspiring and wanted to share it with folks.

~Lord, thank you so much for calling me to be by Your side. Your eyes searched me and continue to do so and You still love me… that’s amazing to me and I feel so humbled by that. I pray that those who have not found You yet are able to come to You and leave their boats behind too. Please guide and show me how I can be of service to You in order to help others on their journey’s. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here