Sunday, January 2, 2011

A new year…


Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 
1 Peter 3:3-4

Happy New Year! My prayer for everyone is a happy, healthy new year filled with love.

The past few days I’ve had much on my mind with the arrival of a new year. Of course we hear much talk of “new year’s resolutions”… something I’ve been afraid of and continue to be. Oh I made plenty in my time and I can’t think of one that I actually followed through with. So, to me, new year resolutions are a way of setting myself up for failure and I don’t want to go there. With that said, I will admit to having some things I’d like to accomplish in the next 12 months for sure… just not going to put the “resolution” word on them. I’m actually laughing at myself while typing this. But seriously… do I follow through with anything??? Look at this blog for example… I was going to blog weekly without exception. How long did that last? I made the statement and then didn’t follow through… with each day that went by and I didn’t uphold to what I said I would, I beat myself up just a little more. Not good behavior for someone who is trying to better herself… especially spiritually.

We are in the second day of the new year now and not much feels different to me. I used to expect miraculous changes come January 1st of each year… not anymore thank goodness. I don’t mean to be a downer about this… just trying to face the reality of things. To me each new day is a new beginning… a new opportunity to connect with the Lord and move forward in the journey of life. I would much rather see things this way and take them day by day. For me it’s easier to digest a bad day and the hope that the next will be better, than to look at things on a yearly basis. I guess that’s part of the reason I’ve not gotten overly excited about the coming of 2011. In fact I’m going to try to be a bit more excited about each day… this just now came to me as I write this. I’m going to try to wake up and go back to something I used to do but stopped for some reason. I’m gonna wake up and the say good morning to Jesus and thank him for the day… before my feet hit the ground! This isn’t a resolution mind you! It’s just something I need to get back to doing cuz I used to and it was a great way to start my day.

Short but sweet blog today… again Happy New Year!

~Lord, thank You for all the blessings You bestow on me each and every day of the year. Please help me to stay focused and see all the beauty You place in this world. Please be with all Your people in this new year so that we may walk the path You have designed for us. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here